Service, Social Justice, and Outreach
“Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?”
And the king will say to them in reply, “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”
Meet David Dutschke, the chair of our Social Concerns Committee, and learn more about service, social justice, and outreach opportunities at St. Leonard.
We currently have five main outreach ministries at St. Leonard (click on the name of each one to visit its page):
- Saint Vincent de Paul (SVDP) – provides assistance to neighbors in need in our 40206 zip code
- Open Hand Kitchen – teams of volunteers serve meals in the SVDP kitchen
- Justice Ministry – through partnership with CLOUT, works on addressing structural inequalities in our city
- United Crescent Hill Ministries (UCHM) – collaborative, ecumenical outreach providing assistance to families in need in the Crescent Hill area
- Maryhurst Giving Tree – Advent collection to benefit the young people served by Maryhurst
In addition, there are a number of seasonal service opportunities throughout the year. Please take time to explore each of these opportunities here on our website and discern how you may be called to get involved. We hope you will join us!
Are you already involved in volunteer work, and want to invite fellow St. Leonard parishioners to get involved? Contact our Pastoral Associate, Ashley Logsdon, at 502-897-2595 or via email to share your ideas!